VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP / VOLUNTEER REPORTING
Many volunteer opportunities are posted on the "SignUpGenius" website. Please check the website to find various ways to meet your yearly volunteer obligation.
Enter your user name and password. If you do not yet have an account, please set one up (make sure to use the same email you use for all OLG correspondence.)
2. When signed in, go to “Sign Ups I've Been Invited To”. This will list all the current events available for volunteer shifts.
3. Click on the desired event, scroll down to the sign up slots, click “Sign Up”, and then “Submit and Sign Up”.
4. Then you will receive an e-mail confirmation of your sign up.
5. All reporting of volunteer hours will be managed through Gradelink.IMPORTANT NOTES: Please, please, please: If you are unable to keep your volunteer commitment, remove yourself from the event on the SignUpGenius website and contact the chairperson involved if it is less than 48 hours before the event. This will allow the chairperson to possibly find a replacement.HOW TO REPORT VOLUNTEER HOURS:To report hours, log into your Gradelink account via the website (www.gradelink.com) or smartphone app. Click on the "Service Hours" tab, click "Add Entry" and enter date, hours/minutes, and a brief description of the activity (e.g. Carnival, Field Trip, Carline, Book Fair, Classroom Help, Friday Vigil, Eucharistic Minister, etc.). You do not need to fill in the supervisor. To submit, click "Add Entry" button. See screenshot below.QUESTIONS?: Please write to the email address listed below.
EMAIL CONTACT: email@example.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. How do I sign up to volunteer? Most events will be listed on "SignUpGenius". Log in to their website and sign up as your schedule permits: https://www.signupgenius.com/register
2. What do I do after I have volunteered? At the event you work, please sign in with the person in charge. Report the hours you worked on Gradelink (see above).4. What if my volunteer time was not on Sign Up Genius? If this is the case, please sign into Gradelink and manually submit your hours (see steps above).
5. What about credit for PTO General Meetings and Back-to-School Nights? After each event, log into Gradelink and manually submit your hour (see steps above).6. How do I receive my reminders via text message? You can receive "reminders" for the events you've signed up for via text message. To do this, log in to our school website and click "Settings" on the left side of your account page. Make sure your mobile phone number and carrier are listed on your profile page. If you make any changes on this page, be sure and click "Update Profile" at the bottom of the page to save the changes.7. What if I have Parish (church) volunteer hours to report? Each family can use up to 15 hours of Parish service to count toward the 30 hour total volunteer commitment for the school year.