Altar ServingAltar Serving:
The honor and privilege of becoming an altar server is offered to 5th through 8th grade students. All Our Lady of Grace School students in grades 5 through 8 are eligible to become altar servers for Wednesday and Sunday Masses at Our Lady of Grace Church. A student wishing to be an altar server must attend and complete training classes and pledge to be responsible for the dates when he/she is scheduled to serve. New servers are trained from October through January each year. To be an altar server, a student must have received his/her First Communion and must desire to serve the priest and church and school community at Masses and during other special events. Altar servers provide an important service for the parish community.
To apply for an Altar Server position, the students must meet the following requirements:
- The student must be in the 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade at OLG.
- The student must have received his/her First Communion.
- The student must maintain a 2.0 grade point average in all subjects.
- The student must have an average conduct grade of "C" or above and no "Fs" on the most recent report card or progress report.
- If, during a trimester, the student does not meet these requirements, the student may be asked to "sit out" until grades or conduct improve.
- The school administration reserves the right to use its discretion for exceptions to this policy.