Welcome to 8th Grade!!! I know it's going to be a great year!
As the end of the year approaches, we are hoping we can have many of the typical "end of 8th grade" activities. We will let you know as soon as we do.
May 2 -- Crowning of St. Joseph
- Sam Lehnert has been selected for this honor. Join us at the 9:30am Mass.
May 7 -- May Crowning @ 11:00 am
- Congratulations to our 2021 May Queen, Metzli Quiñones!
- Girls: Attire must be a pastel-colored or a light floral pattern dress. Please no spaghetti-strapped dresses unless you are planning to wear a sweater to cover your shoulders. Dresses must be no shorter than 2 to 3 inches above the knee. Heels must be no higher than 2 inches. Wedges are acceptable. We ask that the shoes be light in color in keeping with the light colors of the dresses. We have always required that the dresses and shoes be approved by the administration. More information to follow.
- All girls will wear a crown for May Procession. Parents will cover the cost of the crown. The room parents are looking into the costs of different types of crowns. The goal is a simple crown made of baby's breath and miniature roses.
- Boys: Attire is a full suit with a dress shirt and tie or a sports coat with dress slacks, dress shirt, and tie. Dress shoes only.
- All students will arrive on campus by 9:00 am (subject to change) dressed for May Procession.
- Guests will be limited to 2 per family.
- Students and their families may leave immediately after May Procession.
May 9 -- May Crowning @ 9:30 am
- Metzli will be crowning Mary during the 9:30 Mass.
May 20 -- CJSF Trip to Universal Studios
- Departure time TBD.
May 26 -- Spring Concert & Art Show
May 28 & 31 -- No school in honor of Memorial Day
June 1 -- 8th Grade Trip to California Adventure
- Departure time TBD.
June 9 -- 8th Grade Breakfast & Awards Ceremony
June 10 -- Special 8th Grade Activity (during school)
- Stay tuned.
June 11 -- Hawaiian Day & Last Day of School for 8th Graders
June 11 -- 8th Grade Dinner-Dance
- This will take place in either the school courtyard or the Parish Center courtyard. More info to follow.
June 12 -- Graduation Day!
- More info to follow.