VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP / VOLUNTEER REPORTING
Many volunteer opportunities are posted on the "SignUpGenius" website. Please check the website to find various ways to meet your yearly volunteer obligation.
1. Go to: https://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=c.login&loadsecure=true
Enter your user name and password. If you do not yet have an account, please set one up (make sure to use the same email you use for all OLG correspondence.)
2. When signed in, go to “Sign Ups I've Been Invited To”. This will list all the current events available for volunteer shifts.
3. Click on the desired event, scroll down to the sign up slots, click “Sign Up”, and then “Submit and Sign Up”.
4. Then you will receive an e-mail confirmation of your sign up.
5. Once you complete your volunteer shift, you must report your hours through your Family Gradelink Account, via the website or App.
IMPORTANT NOTES: Please, please, please: If you are unable to keep your volunteer commitment, remove yourself from the event on the SignUpGenius website and contact the chairperson involved if it is less than 48 hours before the event. This will allow the chairperson to possibly find a replacement.
HOW TO REPORT VOLUNTEER HOURS:
1. Log into your Family Gradelink account, via the website www.gradelink.com or the Gradelink app.
2. Click on the "Service Hour" Tab, on the left side.
3. Click " Add Entry".
Please enter (1) Date
(2) Hours /Minutes
(3) A brief description of the activity (eg. Carnival Food Booth, 2nd Grade Field Trip, Book Fair,
Friday Vigil, Eucharistic Minister, etc).
(4)Under Supervision, type in "School", "Parish", or "Carnival".
(5) To submit, click "Add Entry" button.
*See Screenshot below.*
QUESTIONS?: Please write to the email address listed below.
EMAIL CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. How do I sign up to volunteer? Most events will be listed on "SignUpGenius". Log in to their website and sign up as your schedule permits: https://www.signupgenius.com/register
2. What do I do after I have volunteered? At the event you work, you must (1)sign in with the person in charge and (2) report the hours you worked on Gradelink (see above).
3. How do I report my hours worked? Please report all hours on Gradelink (see above),via the website or app.
4. What if my volunteer time was not on Sign Up Genius? If this is the case, please sign into Gradelink and manually submit your hours (see steps above).
5. What about credit for PTO General Meetings and Back-to-School Night? After the meeting, log into Gradelink and manually submit your hour (see steps above). *** Only one hour of credit is given per family.***
6. What if I have Parish (church) volunteer hours to report? Each family can use up to 15 hours of Parish service to count toward the 30 hour total volunteer commitment for the school year. Hours must be volunteered from August 1 through May 31 of the current school year.
7. What do I type in the Supervisor Drop Down Menu? Please type in the category your hours belong to. The category will be posted in the Sign Up Genius post. The categories will be School, Parish, or Carnival only.
8. What if I volunteer more then the required thirty hours? All hours a family can volunteer are greatly appreciated. Please continue to report all hours worked, even if you completed the thirty hours.
9. When is the deadline for me to complete my volunteer hours, to avoid being billed? The required thirty hours must be completed and reported by May 31st of the current school year.
10. I signed in with the person in charge of the event, do I still need to go to Gradelink and report the hours? YES, in order for your hours to be counted, you must (1) sign in with the person in charge and (2) report the hours through your Family Gradelink Account.